Your resource for fungi information

Important disclaimer

By viewing this website you agree that the owner of this website accepts no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any mushroom or fungi described or listed on this website or its forums.

Many mushrooms are poisonous some are deadly poisonous, and the responsibility for eating any mushroom or fungus must rest with the individual. Never eat any wild mushroom if you are not absolutely sure it is edible. Consider also there are people who are allergic to all species of mushrooms. Even when you know a mushroom well weather conditions or animal damage can cause differences in appearance that could lead to misidentification.

You can post your ID questions on the forums on the site, but remember, it is very difficult to be 100% certain of the ID of a mushroom from just descriptions and photos online, so be sure what you have by doing your own research and don't eat any mushroom you are not 100% certain of it's ID. Identifying fresh mushrooms in person can be hard enough. Discussing IDs online can be very tricky business. When a member suggests that a name applies to some mushroom, this should be viewed as a suggestion only. It is up to the collector to be certain of the ID. We recommend joining a mushroom club nearby your home and learning from experienced hunters about your own local mushrooms.

If you do not agree to view this website under these terms, please close the site.


If you plan to collect fungi to be eaten, misidentified mushrooms can make you sick or kill you. Do not eat mushrooms you are not 100% certain of. Use many resources, and be skeptical of your own conclusions. The site takes no responsibility for damage caused by wrong identifications. If you continue, you agree to view this website under these terms.